Prospective Student Tours
The Office of Admissions and Scholarships offers several programs that will allow students to visit campus and learn more about becoming a student at Mississippi State.
To learn more about scheduling a campus visit for a prospective student or attending an On-Campus Recruitment Event, please visit:
Trying to plan a fun and interesting trip for your civic group, church group, garden club, elementary or middle school class? Groups small and large can visit the beautiful Mississippi State University campus for a guided campus tour, historical tour, or children's tour conducted by Maroon VIPs. Just call us at 662-325-5203 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and make plans to visit us Monday through Friday!
Campus Tour: This guided bus or van tour introduces you to the MSU campus and also includes interesting facts and traditions of Mississippi State University.
Historical: Written by former MSU Vice Presidents J. Chester McKee and Roy H. Ruby, this tour begins at the Welcome Center and involves 17 historic structures or points of interest.
Elementary and Middle School Tour: Get ready for a day of interactive activities! From
performing a fossil dig with geologists to visiting a bear in the
wildlife exhibit to touring the media box at Davis Wade Stadium, this
customizable tour is perfect for elementary classes and youth groups
Click here for a brochure.
- Aquaculture Unit - Guided tour of ponds and concrete vats displaying Mississippi catfish and fresh water shrimp. The tour includes information on the research conducted on-site and an overview of aquaculture in Mississippi.
- Art Gallery in McComas Hall - Guided tour of art gallery. Most exhibits are works of MSU faculty, staff, and students.
- Athletic Facilities - Guided tour of Davis Wade Football Stadium, Humphrey Coliseum, and the Hall of Fame.
- Chapel of Memories - Tour historic chapel built from bricks of Old Main dormitory.
- Charles H. Templeton, Sr. Music Museum - Starkville businessman Charles Templeton, Sr.'s collection of 200 instruments, 13,000 pieces of music, and 15,000 pieces of sheet music from the Ragtime era and more.
- Cobb Institute Museum of Archaeology - Exhibits feature artifacts from the ancient Middle East and Southeastern U.S.
- Colvard Student Union - Tour the newly renovated student union.
- Computer Automatic Virtual Environment (CAVE) (14 years old & older)
- Cullis & Gladys Wade Clock Museum - Located at the Cullis Wade Depot, the Wade Clock Museum boasts a collection of over 400 time pieces dating back as far as the 1700's. On the second floor is a small art gallery that features work by students, faculty, and alumni.
- Dunn-Seiler Geology Museum - Features rocks, fossils, and other geological pieces, including a Triceratops skull. Fossil digs are also available. (2nd grade & above)
- Entomology Lab - Guided tour of the Clay Lyle Insect Lab (groups of 20 or less).
- Greenhouses - Guided tour of greenhouses located behind Dorman Hall
- Historic Tour - A driving tour written by former MSU Vice Presidents J. Chester McKee and Roy H. Ruby, this tour begins at the Welcome Center and involves 17 historic structures or points of interest.
- Joe Bearden Dairy Research Center - View the milking process.
- Joe Frank Sanderson Center - guided tour of this state-of-the-art recreation facility which includes two gymnasia, a jogging track, racquetball courts, an indoor swimming pool, table tennis, and may other areas.
- Mississippi Agriculture & Forestry Experiment Station (MAFES), Custer Dairy Processing Plant - Guided tour of the MAFES cheese factory and a brief introduction to the process by which MSU's famous cheese and ice cream are made. (13 years old & older)
- Mitchell Memorial Library - Tour the library and the units within it and view one of the largest collections of Ulysses S. Grant papers and memorabilia and the John Grisham Room with the works of local writer John Grisham.
- North Farm - Driving tour of agricultural plots (available June-September).
- Raspet Flight & Patterson Labs - View different research tools used in aerospace engineering, look at planes and see the machines used to create them. Also experience a wind tunnel. (10 years & older) (This location is off main campus)
- South Farm - Driving tour of south farm emphasizing beef & cattle production.
- Veteran's Memorial Rose Garden - View more than 30 rose cultivars in this beautifully landscaped garden.
- Walking Tour - A running commentary will be given about the buildings from the Welcome Center through the center of campus.
- Wildlife Exhibit - View deer and a bear.
75 B.S. Hood
Mississippi State, MS 39762